- Stock hijacker Mark Miller pleads guilty in over-the-counter market shell company pump-and-dump scheme
Three men were charged with securities fraud involving shell companies that were hijacked and had stock shares pumped up and dumped on unwitting investors.
CNBC. Thu, 14 Oct 2021 20:16:48 GMT.
- Ozy Media faces securities fraud probe for 'duping investors with claims of $30M Google funding'
Three insiders told Axios Google Ventures did not reach an agreement with the failed media startup to lead its new funding round.
Daily Mail. Fri, 08 Oct 2021 00:45:56 GMT.
- Federal Prosecutors Indict Cannabis Industry Executives For Securities Fraud
In a federal indictment unsealed on Tuesday, prosecutors charged the co-founders of Canafarma Corp with securities fraud, wire fraud and related offenses in connection with an alleged scheme to defraud investors.
By A.j. Herrington, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 06 Oct 2021 19:24:53 -0400.
- SEC sues Buttonwood Financial, claiming breach of fiduciary duty to investors
Securities and Exchange Commission filed a lawsuit against Kansas City-based Buttonwood Financial related to all-inclusive "wrap fees" and the financial incentives they can create. ...
James Dornbrook. American City Business Journals. Wed, 06 Oct 2021 18:36:37 +0000.
- Cheniere (LNG) Clears Capital Allotment Plan, Initial Dividend
Cheniere (LNG) aims to prioritize callable securities or maturing project debt repayment to improve its project credit metrics for increasing borrowing capacity at better rates.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 09 Sep 2021 17:38:00 GMT.
- ICE or CME: Which Securities & Exchanges Stock Has an Edge?
Let's see how CME Group (CME) and Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) fare in terms of some of the key metrics.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 09 Sep 2021 14:16:00 GMT.
- US-Beijing tensions escalate as SEC demands China firms reveal investor risks
The Securities and Exchange Commission will demand that the more than 250 Chinese companies trading in US markets better inform investors about political and regulatory risks.
Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 26 Aug 2021 05:00:00 +1000.
- SEC halts Chinese IPO listings until risks are divulged
The US Securities and Exchange Commission said such disclosures are at the heart of its mandate to protect investors.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 30 Jul 2021 15:42:14 +0000.
- Nikola founder Trevor Milton hit with securities fraud charges
Prosecutors say Nikola founder Trevor Milton's misleading statements targeted retail investors.
ABC News. Thu, 29 Jul 2021 20:17:38 -0400.
- Nikola Founder Trevor Milton Charged With Securities Fraud
Federal prosecutors charged Trevor Milton with misleading investors about the technology for battery- and hydrogen-powered vehicles Nikola had hoped to make.
Matthew Goldstein and Niraj Chokshi. New York Times. Thu, 29 Jul 2021 20:07:04 +0000.